F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Monday, March 03, 2008

An Ode to Cauliflower

I was feeling a bit lazy yesterday and not quite up for the trek to Manhattan Fruit and Vegetable Exchange. I decided to stick close to home and hit up Garden of Eden for my weekly produce fix.

There wasn't much in the way of produce inspiration, so on a whim I decided to grab a head of cauliflower. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the first things I grab in a crudite (okay, when the carrots are gone) but I never think to make it when I'm home.

I doused it with a liberal coating of non-stick cooking spray, added a generous amount of Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper and garlic powder. About thirty minutes in a 350 degree oven and the florets were cooked to perfection! There was a light caramelization on the florets and I had to stop myself from devouring the entire roasting pan.

It was a great midday snack today and I was treated to a few hits of hidden salty bits within the florets, only to be balanced by a sharp hit of pepper. It was so tasty, that I didn't even bother to heat it up. Oh, cauliflower, please forgive my neglect! I promise to never forget you again!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home