F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me (again)

So after celebrating with the Petey's at Paladar, I spent a lovely Sunday (my actual birthday) with Thighs and completed the birthday weekend with a trip to one of my all time favorite places in the city, Magnolia Bakery!

What can I say about Magnolia Bakery cupcakes? RRR and I have debated for years on whether these sweet treats are all hype and despite what she thinks I say no way! This heated debate even inspired the f is for foodie great cupcake debate!

The sugary buttercreme frosting is a perfect compliment to the light airy cake. I do prefer the vanilla cake and icing to the chocolate cake/chocolate icing or vanilla cupcake/chocolate icing combos, but I certainly wouldn't turn one of those away. And judging by the club-like lines at the door, I am not alone in my cupcake frenzy.

And just when I thought I found my sugary soul mate in Magnolia's cupcakes, I discovered their banana pudding. Rich, creamy and custardy complete with soft bananas and Nilla wafers, the beauty of this dessert is in it's simplicity.

Happy Magnolia Birthday to Me!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home