F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

One weekend, three restaurants, one city - what a dilemma!


"If you had one long weekend to dine in NYC what 3 places would you go to?"

I'm sure when Asbury Park emailed me this question after our conversation in Marina del Rey he wasn't expecting me to overthink, overanalyze and agonize over my response -- I did finally answer but not after considering the following factors:

1. Do you pick somewhere you've been to and know is fantastic so you won't be disappointed?
2. Do you pick somewhere that is super high end (a la French Laundry which I promise to write about at a later date) and a one in a lifetime dining experience?
3. Or do you pick a restaurant with a scene that's ultra-sceney & pretentious or go with a neighborhood place that's comfortable & homey?
4. Does dining companions factor into the decision making process?

My first instinct was to pick three restaurants I know are great and will always have a special place in my heart...or stomach as the case may be. Each of these restaurants have been fabulous memorable experiences with amazing fresh ingredients, warm and friendly service and most importantly meals that I fondly recalled long after I've been there. Not saying these are THE BEST but these are MY BEST...at least as of now. So here they are in all their glory:


But two new American places? Maybe more variety needed? And what about Nobu? Le Bernadin? Megu? Per Se? Jean Georges? Daniel?

I certainly invite you to weigh in and tell me your top three - I'd love to compare notes! So much to eat so little time!

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Harrison is surely excellent, but the lack of buffalo wings on their menu is definite points against.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're having a nice long weekend in NYC with your sweetie, I'd recommend Felidia...excellent food, service, and a killer wine menu. Ron took me once and we had venison and chocolate (yes, chocolate, bittersweet with ricotta cheese) ravioli and it was divine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home