F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Vegas! Finally!!!!!

Shockingly, we made it to Vegas during last weekend's Nor'Easter with only a two hour flight delay and despite the hordes of annoying fliers who descended upon JFK. Coupled with every engineer, editor, cameraman and producer in the tri-state area trying to get to NAB to say it was hectic was a bit of an understatement.

Foodie's main concern, however, was our Sunday night reservation at Rao's. The more our flight's departure time got pushed back, the more I saw my chances of eating at Rao's slipping away. The reservationist was quite helpful over the phone and I finally admitted dining defeat and pushed our reservation to Wednesday evening. Alas, Michael Mina, perhaps it was not meant to be...

Of course Foodie was packing because God forbid I travel without snacks! While I did not get to enjoy a relaxing Italian feast Sunday night I did get to enjoy a lovely sandwich from my local gourmet store, The Garden of Eden. Garden of Eden can be a bit pricey but for 7 bucks you get the mother of all sandwiches.

I devoured the Italian sandwich which includes prosciutto, sopressata, mozzerella, sundried tomatoes, and fresh basil with a light basil vinaigrette. They pack so much into this sandwich that half is plenty for me and unfortunately I couldn't persuade my travel companions to partake in the other half.

By the time we landed, retrieved our luggage, checked in and got to Caesar's we were pretty beat. Our upgraded rooms made up for the travel delays but food was not on the brain. We had a drink in Shadow and I called it a night.

I needed my energy for the dining experiences ahead...oh yeah and for the convention too!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home