F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas Day!

Santa was very good to Ms. Foodie!

Before leaving for RRR's I was the lucky recipient of some culinary gifts: "Santa's Cookies" aka decadently delicious chocolate covered graham crackers with caramel and peppermint from Bossman1, a lovely 2003 Barolo from Bossman2, another bottle of vino from J-Bends, some Jacques Torres Cocoa Dusted Almonds from JC (who knows about my culinary crush on Jacques) , and a box of Max Brenner chocolates from CJ to go with the Jacques Torres chocolates and baking sheets I already received from Rockstar.

So before Christmas Day even arrived, I had done pretty well for myself. What other surprises could be waiting for me under the tree?

Well, dear readers, Ms. Foodie and RRR couldn't stop laughing (and perhaps crying) when we both received copies of Rachel Ray: 365 No Repeats! Yes, a cookbook from none other than Rachel Ray, who I continue to mock in this blog, despite getting rave reviews for making her sage sausage bites at the recent Petey Holiday Party!

Perhaps my resolution for 2008 should be to stop making fun of the goofy joker faced pseudo cook and take some of her dishes for a spin. Maybe I'm missing something that has the rest of the country so enthralled.

Regardless, this gift should provide fodder for many posts to come!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home