F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Who needs 30 minute meals? How about 5!

I got home a bit later than usual for a Monday, thanks to a three hour wait at the eye doctor's this afternoon. By the time I got home, I was ravenous and dilated-pupils-be-damned I wasn't going to deviate from my meal plan. Actually, there wasn't a need to grab a convenience food; I had dinner on the table in about five minutes.

Quick, simple and delicious fish tacos. I started with a tilapia fillet, seasoned with my trinity of Kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic powder. Shortly after placing the fish in my heated saute pan, I zested one lime onto the fish. A mere minute later and I was adding the juice of the lime to the pan.

While the fish was cooking, I chopped up some cilantro and mesclun greens. I was out of salsa but had a few roasted tomatoes and garlic that would do just fine. I had barely finished rinsing and cutting my greens and it was time to turn the fish. I added a bit more lime juice and the chopped cilantro and voila! Done and done!

A satisfying low calorie meal made in about half the time it took me to write about it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home