F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Foodie F-Rants: Taste Bud Torture

In this edition of Foodie F-Rants....

I'm not a good sick person. Simply because I rarely get sick. When I do, no matter how severe the illness is; I am just miserable. Miserable because this usually means I won't be eating for a bit.

Having a cold is torture on the taste buds. If you have an appetite at all, the only thing that will satiate you is chicken or matzoh ball soup, tea and orange juice. Not exactly on a gourmand's wish list. And being under the weather, I am not exactly up to the challenge of finding quality matzoh ball soup outside of Manhattan.

So as I sit and wait for this illness to pass, I will try and conjure up some delicious meals to make up for the ones I am missing. I only hope my taste buds will forgive me for boring them to death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home