F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

More from the Egyptian bagel taste test

I rewarded myself for completing a 10 mile run this morning by defrosting and toasting Egyptian Bagel #3, this time a cinnamon raisin one.

Once again I was treated to a tasty flavorful bagel. Expecting brown raisins, I was pleasantly suprised to find yellow raisins inside. The density of these bagels versus the ones you get in New York makes taste of the cinnamon and raisins really stand out.

Being fairly traditional with my bagel accompaniments, I decided to keep it simple and just add some margarine. Yes, should have used some butter but couldn't totally undo all of the calories burned on this morning's run. The margarine just added a little something extra without deterring from the flavor of the bagel.

One more to go, the multi-grain, so stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home