F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I want my (mtv) cupcake

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of MTV (aka my employer), there were signs posted proclaiming "free cupcakes at 3pm". As any sweet freak would do, I spent the day wondering if somehow I'd be able to grab one in between my 2:30 and my 3pm meetings... and of course shared my concern with a few who know my penchant for all things sugary.

At 2:15 I was heating up my lunch and a gentlemen in the kitchen setting up the cupcakes. To my delight they were from Eleni's! While my loyalties lie with Magnolia Bakery, these were certainly sweet treats I couldn't afford to pass up! I tried to use my charms to get into the boxes early but no dice - this guy was one tough customer. I even returned to the kitchen hoping he had moved on to another floor, but again s.o.l.

I went to my meeting, knowing that I was calorically better off missing the cupcakes. Of course, when the meeting ended on time, I made a beeline to the kitchen and there they were in all there glory! I grabbed one chocolate and one vanilla one (hey they were on the small side) and headed to my office to revel in my gluttony.

To my suprise, there were two more cupcakes waiting for me on my desk! Apparently two of my co-workers were also concerned with my sugar depravation and grabbed one chocolate and one vanilla one for me. Of course, this is way too much temptation for an addict like me to bear and I stopped myself after polishing off cupcake #3 and threw cupcake #4 in the garbage after unsuccessfully trying to pass it off to one of my peers. The cake was moist and flavorful, the icing sugary sweet and creamy.

The end result? Euphoria, then nausea, then a sugar coma...

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Bridget Rockstar!! said...

guess I had better let you know next time I walk by Burgers and Cupcakes and they are giving out free cupcakes...
yes they really do that. I just ignore it though as am a salty treat kinda woman. :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come the pink one didn't get its photo taken?!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Heather said...

You could have messengered it to me! I shouted you out on my blog today, I had Banoffee at Spotted Pig - to die for in it's sugary dreaminess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home