F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Love Letter

Dear Jacques,

How do I begin to describe my love for you? From the moment I walked into your D.U.M.B.O. store, I knew there would be no other. Your mastery and artistry of chocolate making is both mind boggling and awe inspiring.

When I finally came face to face with you in your Manhattan location, my heart stopped. The steaming pitcher of wicked hot chocolate you were pouring took my breath away. Some may say you had me at "hello", but you had me with your cocoa combination of allspice, cinnamon, ground, sweet ancho chili peppers, and smoked, ground chipotle chili peppers. So rich! So decadent! So naughty!

You even came by to give me a second sample and I was weak in the knees. I don't drop $18 on hot chocolate for just anybody Jacques... it takes a special someone to win a chocolately place in my heart!

I may stray from time to time but I'll always find my way back to you and your magical chocolate combinations. There may be imitators, but there will never be another...

All my love,
Foodie

1 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best love letter I have ever read!!! Can we share him? He seems amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home