F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Monday, July 02, 2007

It Ain't Pretty...It's Monkfish

I got home a bit later than my stomach had hoped tonight so I was in a bit of a rush to get dinner on the table.

Tonight's entree was monkfish. I seasoned the fish with a generous helping of kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic powder after a quick blitz of olive oil cooking spray. While the fish was sauteing in the pan I cut up some white onion, olives and tomatoes. When the fish was cooked; I removed from the pan and threw in some minced garlic and the onions. Being impatient, I didn't sweat the onions and after about only a minute, threw in some capers, the olives and then the tomatoes and seasoned again.

The bright red tomatoes gave the dish a nice splash of color to what would otherwise be a pretty bland colored dish and for someone in a hurry I was pretty dead on with my seasoning. Of course if I had taken an extra thirty seconds to add some fresh thyme it would have added another level of herby freshness, but alas, piggy was hungry.

The monkfish came out much better than expected with the only caveat being that I probably cooked the fish about a minute too long.

It wasn't pretty but it was pretty good.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home