F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Chili Rubbed Pork Chops: another easy weeknight meal

Another night of coming home ravenous and I wanted something quick, easy and flavorful for dinner. And as the only person who works in televsion yet does not have tiVo or DVR I wanted to be done with dinner in time to watch "Lost".

Quick? Easy? Flavorful? Defrosted pork chops? Chili rubbed pork chops! What else!

I made a mixture of chili powder, brown sugar, and cumin (garlic powder is a nice addition as well). After whisking it together and breaking up the brown sugar clumps, I added Worcestershire sauce until I reached my desired paste-like consistency. I rubbed the paste on each side of the pork chop and placed the chops in my preheated broiler.

Using the heat of the broiler, I began to roast some brussel sprouts in the oven as my side dish and heated up some kale that I sauteed the night prior.

In about 15 minutes dinner was served! Zesty, sweet, healthy and delicious!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home