F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Ode to the Ironbound

There is nothing like the shrimp and garlic that you get at Portuguese restaurants in the Ironbound section of Newark.

My sister and I have tried to order it in Spanish resturants in the city and to replicate it in our kitchens but our attempts (while commendable) have not even come close. So when MPV suggested meeting for dinner in Newark last night, not even a Path station hotter than the pits of hell was going to keep me from shrimp & garlic.

We headed to Casa Vasca, a place I've been to quite a few times before. The place was packed and our service was a bit rushed, but who cares when you know there's a garlicky plate of shrimp coming your way!

With a pitcher of sangria and a basket of bread we sopped up every last bit of the oil (or at least I did!). We ordered two entrees, a grilled grouper and monkfish with clams & shrimp in a green garlic sauce but at that point I was more interested in chatting & catching up than taking much notice of the meal. At that point, I got what I came for...some quality time with one of my best friends and some quality time with one of my all-time favorite dishes!

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger alisakaradaga said...

The Rams Head Inn is the epitome of timeless elegance. Its classic interiors and magnificent surroundings create an atmosphere of sophistication and charm. https://theramsheadinn.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home