F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ditch Ditch Plains!

My friend Mich rules. She is one of the most amazing dynamic people I know. When she moved to London last year with her awesome new hubby I was bummed, but she has made her triumphant (but sadly temporary) return to New York this week for the Thanksgiving holiday.

After a long chain a emails we decided to meet up at Ditch Plains, a fairly new restaurant in the West Village. Mich's friends are also awesome and for once I was less concerned what I was eating or drinking since I was simply having a good time with my friend from across the pond.

Good thing because the food at Ditch Plains stunk. To say it was mediocre would be kind. This is especially painful to write because I am a HUGE fan of Marc Murphy's other restaurant Landmarc in TriBeca.

After a few watered down vodka drinks (if I can chug two Stoli Vanillas in a row you know they are weak) we decided to sit down and get some food. The menu was a bit all over the place: breakfast items all day, lobster roll, oysters and typical diner fare like burgers and fries.

We decided to share some smoked mozzerella fritters, a chicken burger, sweet potato chips and mussels. I can't comment on the mussels but nothing I tasted here was any better than what you would find at your local diner. In fact, I've had better burgers at diners along various highways in the Jerz (that would be NJ) than I had last night. And I am sure with a lower price tag.

Since we were joined by a photographer, he snapped a pic of the fritters but otherwise I spared you from photos of the cuisine. On a positive note, the decor was cool, modern, hip and slightly industrial but that's about the best I can muster.

Hopefully the food will get better at Ditch Plains but when Blue Ribbon Bakery is conveniently located across the street, there are plenty of better dining options in the neighborhood!

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was eating something fried right now. And maybe if I was drunk, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home