F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Monday, March 12, 2007

The bitter taste of failure

It was bound to happen sooner or later. One can taste only so much success before you have to choke on bitter failure. Perhaps I was getting too cocky, too bold, and too confident in my culinary prowess.... tonight, my friends, I have failed.

I bought a piece of redfish and curious about the meaty fish, figured I could do "something Cajun" with it while expanding my fishy horizon. "Something Cajun" evolved into a meal of pistachio-crusted redfish with string beans. This dish was healthy and seemed simple enough to execute.

Unfortunately, I took a wrong turn when I decided to make this low-cal and sprayed the fish with olive oil flavored Pam versus using a more traditional batter dip. What I wound up with was a mealy mess and the redfish wound up in the garbage.

I got to spend the evening with a sink full of dishes and an ordinary meal of string beans and some leftover jasmine rice. I did walk away from my tiny kitchen this evening with an important lesson. Cooking is all about trying new things and you have to take the failures along with the successes.

P.S. I'm sparing you the photos!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time, order sushi!! That's always my plan B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home