F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Rock me Vacqueyras

It has been a bit of dull week on the culinary front. Basically, I'm more determined this week to eat my way through my freezer and cabinets than to hit new culinary heights.

Tonight's dinner was simple; some puttanesca sauce (which yesterday found it's way on top of some roughy from Trader Joe's) over a sauteed chicken breast with roasted well-seasoned winter squash. Quick. Easy. Healthy.

The one thing that can elevate an otherwise ho-hum weeknight dinner is a great glass of wine.

Tonight's wine was a 2004 Vacqueyras from Domain de Montvac ($15) purchased at Crush when the Boston girls came to town. This type wine was one of my favorites on our journey through France and I found it full and well rounded. You can taste the terroir and one sip and it brings me back to our amazing French culinary adventure.

A simple way to make the "ordinary extraordinary"! (thanks Michael Chiarello!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home