F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Monday, July 23, 2007

A blow out and a pig out

Goldie treated me to a Yankee game today. It was a bit of a blow out (poor Devil Rays) but more importantly it was an opportunity to enjoy all the culinary delights that Yankee Stadium has to offer.

We began our afternoon with a bag of peanuts courtesy of an earlier trip that Goldie took to Gristede's. By the end of the first inning, I was more than ready to begin my afternoon of gluttony.

I chose chicken fingers and fries with a side of barbecue dipping sauce. The fingers was good with just enough grease to keep the bready coating onto the stringy chicken and not too much that I would be a slippery greasy mess. The fries were quite good; crispy with a nice coating of salt and some pepper perhaps? Goldie was able to grab a few before I inhaled the entire paper basket. Hey for $9.50 there had better not be any leftovers!

While I was merrily dipping away, Goldie was enjoying two Hebrew National hot dogs and by the fifth inning I got one for myself.
Pretty good for a ballpark dog with just enough snap on the outside and just juiciness on the inside. (now if I only had some kraut....)
The pièce de résistance was supposed to be the Carvel ice cream in a helmet cup during the seventh inning. We went with vanilla with rainbow sprinkles and I'm glad I took Goldie up on his offer to share one since by this point I was really making quite the pig of myself.

As a former Carvel employee (senior year of high school) I'm a pretty harsh critic when it comes to ice cream. The vanilla had a bit of a chemical aftertaste and was a bit of a letdown. I probably would have fared (slightly) better if I waited until after the subway ride home and hit up Mister Softee instead.

Don't feel too bad for me though, there are certainly worse ways to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the tiny helmet at my desk, in case I ever need to serve dessert without notice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home