F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Real Simple: Mustard Roasted Chicken with Veggies

My November into December eating-and-drinking-with-reckless-abandon has led to my New Year's Resolution to get back on track with meal planning and trying to shake a few pounds.

I loathe that I have the same resolution as basically everyone else on the planet, but honestly, this is my resolution all year, every year. I simply fall off the wagon now and then (most notably around the holidays) again basically like everyone else on the planet.

So while perusing the latest issue of Real Simple, I found an easy low-calorie recipe that I could make and bring as lunch for the week.

I chose the mustard roasted chicken with vegetables recipe featured in the magazine's January issue. It was so easy and many of the ingredients listed are my pantry staples.

I did substitute boneless chicken breasts for the whole chicken to help lighten the caloric load and did not use their "recommended mustard" since any quality mustard would work just fine. I also decided to kick it "old school" and bust out Mom's CorningWare but I think next go-around I might see how it comes out in my beloved Le Cruset.

If you are looking for something quick, easy and guilt free take this recipe for a spin!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home