F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Even more from the catering files

Today was a big move day for my office. Or should I say a massive reshuffling of personnel on our floor. It was such a large undertaking that all "non essential" employees were asked to stay home. Since I was one of the people unaffected by the move and there were some edits to keep an eye on, I was one of the few working on our floor today.

It stinks when you are at work and your co-workers are enjoying a day off (oh right, they are 'working from home') so what better way to soften the blow than to provide a nice lunch for those who did have to come into the office today?

Peanut D had ordered a surprisingly good sandwich platter from our in-house catering for a previous team lunch, so I decided to follow her lead and give it our gang a shot.

Our feast started with a mixed greens salad with tomatoes and shredded carrots, a second salad of artichoke hearts, tomatoes and mozzarella and a Caesar complete with roasted peppers. I am not a fan of the building's gelatinous dressings but the artichoke salad was already dressed and did not need anything extra. Not bad...

The sandwich platter included roast beef with olive tapenade that WW remarked was quite good, turkey with bacon and mayonnaise on a hearty ciabatta, and a chicken wrap with guacamole. I put in some extra time at the gym this morning in preparation for a large lunch but found that one turkey sandwich was quite filling and didn't get to sample the other offerings.

It goes without saying that my favorite were the desserts: brownies, blondies, rice krispie treats, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies and coconut and pecan cookies. I ate about half my weight in rice krispie treats and when my stomach ache subsided, I hit the dessert tray again and finished off a brownie. Sometimes, I'm even shocked and disgusted by my own gluttony. Today, however, my self-loathing was overshadowed by the appreciation from my co-workers.

Sometimes a few cookies are all it takes to make someone happy!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all loved it!!! Thanks, Fran!!!

(And btw...the artichoke salad was pretty awesome, imo)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home