F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hingham's Caffe Tosca

After a lazy Saturday on the South Shore, the RRR's and I headed out to Hingham's Caffe Tosca for dinner.

This was my second trip to Caffe Tosca and one of many visits for RRR and Mr. RRR. Looking back on my previous post, I wasn't too surprised to discover that Mr. RRR ordered the same entree (he likes consistency) and that RRR was torn between ordering her usual eggplant pizza or venturing out into the menu and trying something new.

I began my meal with a lovely cocktail, the pomegranite fizz which was made with Absolut Citron, pomegranite juice and a splash of prosecco.
From there I decided to go for the pasta tasting which was a choice of three pastas from the menu. One of my pasta choices was the cappellini with broccolini, garlic, red pepper flakes and chilis. This simple dish was light, fresh and delicious and offered a nice balance to the richness of my other pasta choices.

On the heavier side, I chose the bucatini with pancetta and chunky tomotoes along with the ravioli with sweet corn and pancetta. Both pastas were the perfect size and the freshness of the ingredients really shown through. And when RRR dips her fork into a plate of pasta more than once, you know it's good!

Speaking of RRR, she went with a pizza offered as a special, with baby arugula, mozzarella and salami. We were a bit surprised (that would be pleasantly surprised for Mr. RRR and myself) to see a pizza with sausage come to the table and unfortunately for the other patron, didn't realize we were given the wrong pizza until it was two slices gone! Oh well! An extra tasting for us!

The pizzas at Caffe Tosca are outstanding. Super thin crust and are served on the back of a baking sheet table side. And in what is becoming my mantra, when you start with quality fresh ingredients you really can't go wrong.

And while I didn't manage to sneak in a bite of Mr. RRR's steak, I did sneak of few of the tasty Asiago fries that came with his dish. Salty, cheesy goodness!

We skipped dessert and headed into Hingham Center to Nona's for some post meal ice cream. I had the Hingham Harbor Sludge, chocolate ice cream with tons of caramel and fudge complete with super thin chocolate sprinkles. Rich, rich, rich! Actually much more caramel and fudge than ice cream but I'll take it! What a way to end a meal!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home