F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Friday, November 17, 2006

The best stuffing recipe ever!

This year I am going out to dinner for Thanksgiving, however, the past two years I happily hosted Turkey Day at my apartment and it was actually two of the best Thanksgiving holidays I've ever had!

Cooking duties were divvied up with everyone bringing a dish that was part of their family tradition. And thanks to Rockstar I had my first taste of green bean casserole. It was a low maintenance/high drinking day and I pretty much just had the turkey and stuffing to deal with.

While scouring the web for good stuffing recipes, Contessa passed along this wonderful one for cornbread, proscioutto and sage stuffing and to say it is amazing is an understatement!

It was the first thing to go and the only dish that didn't have leftovers! I know I've posted a lot of recipes this week - but make this for Thanksgiving and I promise it will be a huge hit!

6 cups cornbread cubed

Sautee 4 carrots, 4 celery & one large onion in vegetable oil

Add about 6 - 7 slices proscioutto, chopped sage, salt, pepper

¾ cup cranberries - soaked, drained & dried (I use dry - can also use currants or any other dried fruit)

Mix above ingredients with cornbread & one cup chix stock and throw into buttered baking dish

Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins and wait for the food coma to set in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home