F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday Night Feast

Sad but true: On my way to work on Friday morning, I was thinking about what to make for dinner that evening. The weather was supposed to be gross (and it was) and usually on Friday nights the last thing I want to do is make a high maintenance meal. I want something quick, easy, healthy and satisfying.

I decided to make a pizza. Normally, I would have purchased some dough and let it proof but since this was going to be a minimal effort meal, I picked up a Boboli thin crust bread from the supermarket and let my refrigerator do the heavy lifting for me.

After lightly spraying the Boboli with my beloved olive oil Pam, I spread some roasted eggplant and zucchini evenly on the bread. Next, I placed some broccoli rabe with chopped garlic around the pizza and generously scooped some low fat ricotta cheese over the pie.

Once my assembly was complete a whole 2 minutes later, I drizzled some olive oil over the pizza and placed in the oven for about 10 minutes until the crust was crusty, the ricotta started to brown a bit and my smoke detector went off. That's when you know it is done!

I was amazed by how great the pizza looked! The veggies were flavorful and the ricotta added a nice balance of creaminess to this savory pie. I finished it with a bit more olive oil and a sprinkling of crushed red pepper.
Pizza and an X-Rated martini on a snowy slushy cold night - it just doesn't get any better than this!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home