F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No Pudge Brownies, how do I love thee?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Ms. Foodie has an insatiable sweet tooth. Actually, I probably can't get through a post or two without singing the praises of chocolate! However, in the name of being calorically conscious, I often sacrifice my love of sugar in an effort to stay fit. But when the cacao bean calls, sometimes you just gotta answer! The cure for my itch?


Lindsay H. Frucci (from here on in we'll call her "choco-genius") started selling this brownie mix in 1995. The brownies are rich, chewy and super simple to bake. You add one cup of vanilla yogurt (or plain yogurt with a splash of vanilla extract) to the boxed mix and voila! You are in gooey chocolate heaven! Pure decadence for 120 calories or 2 Weight Watchers points! And one of the best parts, if you are like me and not always great about portion control, there's even a single serving recipe. What an innovator! And it's right there on your supermarket shelf just past the Betty Crocker box mixes. Just make sure to give Betty the finger on the way to your guilt-free chocolate paradise!

I particularly like the cappuccino brownies and I do find that the raspberry and mint varieties taste a bit too 'chemically' for my palate. The original isn't too shabby either! I've given some to friends without telling them they were "diet" brownies and they were quite impressed.
So if you are like me and the rest of the planet and are trying to lose some weight in the New Year but don't want to feel like you are sacrificing your craving for dessert, give No Pudge a whirl. You won't be disappointed!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home