F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Culinary Gifts: The Results Post

I finally opened one of my Laura Chenel goat cheeses I received from Brian and Ron. After some extensive internal dialogue, I went for the herb and it served as the inspiration for today's side salad.

The salad was comprised of: baby arugula, sliced orange segments, herb goat cheese, sherry vinegar and olive oil. I was hoping to add some pistachios to the mix, but until I can stock up at Manhattan Fruit and Vegetable Exchange, it was not meant to be. In the end, the salad did not need anything else.

The peppery bite of the arugula was smoothed over by the creamy richness of the goat cheese. The cheese had a nice hit of fresh herbs on the back end and the orange provided a bit of juicy sweetness to the salad. The sherry vinegar and Spanish olive oil from my recent trip to Spain were just mild enough to bring the salad together in perfect harmony.

What a perfect way to get me out of my salad rut!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home