F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

C is for Cookie

My friend Bacon can bake! She got her nickname from her drunken love of all things swine which is one of the many reasons we are friends, but the girl's got some mad skills in the kitchen too!

My trip to our nation's capital this weekend caused me to miss our annual holiday get together Secret Santa night. We basically eat, drink a lot of wine, be stupid, and then exchange presents. What I find amazing is that the gifts are so perfect for each person since we all know each other so well that it is hard to guess who got you what.

So while I missed this year's festivities, I was lucky enough to have Bacon be my Secret Santa. I got my gift last night: A tin of shortbread & butter cookies along with a gift certificate to the amazing Union Square Wine Shop! I love USQ because the staff is super-knowledgeable but don't try to bully you into buying above your price range. What a great place to have a few blocks away and what a great gift from someone who knows what makes me happy!

Wine and cookies...c'mon it doesn't get any better than this!

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Aw, my cookies are famous on your blog, hurrah! :-) Glad you likey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home