F Is For Foodie

A foodophile's blog dedicated to a life of dining out, eating in, cooking up a storm and making sweet sweet love. Now that I have your attention, can we talk food? The names have been changed to protect the innocent and the hungry.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Not really cooking more like an assembly

Last week I decided to start making use of my Laura Chenel goat cheese. I took the "easy route" and made a pizza using a classic flavor combination of goat cheese, prosciutto and arugula.

Work has been even more hectic than usual, so I needed something quick and low maintenance. First, I stopped at Trader Joe's for one of their whole wheat pizza crusts and some prosciutto, knowing full well that I will have spent more time in the checkout line than I will actually making my pizza. After a solid ten minutes in the express line, I made my way home and got to "work"

Step one: preheat oven
Step two: remove pizza crust from wrapper
Step three: remove prosciutto from wrapper
Step four: remove goat cheese from wrapper
Step five: wash some baby arugula
Step six: spray the base of the crust with olive oil spray and start layering ingredients
Step seven: season with pepper, garlic powder and thyme (plenty of salt in the prosciutto)

The pizza came out of the oven in about 10 minutes and I drizzled some olive oil on top. As a side dish, I sauteed some spaghetti squash and seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, fresh thyme and a generous helping of grated cheese. This side dish was inspired by Smunch's comments to my spaghetti squash post. Decadent and delicious! Thanks Smunch!

To me, this was about the same amount of work as pouring myself a bowl of cereal and I couldn't help but wonder would some people consider this "cooking"?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home